CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Four (4) of the required CE credit hours must be obtained by completing the Mandatory Update course. The Mandatory Update must be taken in a classroom. The subject matter of this course will be changed by the Commission from year to year.
- The remaining four (4) CE credit hours may be obtained by taking an elective course approved by the Commission. Elective courses may address a wide variety of real estate topics. Accelerated Real Estate School provides an extensive list of electives in the classroom.
The maximum amount of CE credit awarded for any single course is four (4) hours.
- Licensees must attend 90% of a CE course and comply with student participating standards in order to receive credit for the course.
A person who is issued a broker license does not have to take continuing education courses during the license period in which the license is issued. However, they must satisfy the CE requirement prior to the second renewal of the license.
BROKER-IN-CHARGE ANNUAL REVIEW
All Brokers-In-Charge (BIC) must complete a four hour Broker-in-Charge Annual Review Course (BICUP) each full license period after being designated a BIC. This course is designed for and restricted to currently designated brokers-in-charge and brokers who are broker-in-charge eligible. A broker who is not a broker-in-charge or who is not broker-in-charge eligible will not receive credit for the BICUP course. If you believe yourself to be a broker-in-charge or broker-in-charge eligible, please go to the Commission’s web site, www.ncrec.gov, select “Licensees Only” from the menu on the left side of the Homepage and check your status.
JUNE 10TH DEADLINE
Continuing education must be completed each annual license period between July 1 and June 10. It is very important to note that schools are not permitted to offer courses for CE credit between June 11 and June 30 of each year. You will not be able to complete your CE requirement between June 11 and June 30 of each year.
Many people wait to take CE courses until May and early June, causing classes to be filled quickly. You will have a better choice of elective courses and a better chance of finding space available if you take your CE courses early. You will also avoid the possibility of an unexpected conflict that would prevent you from getting your CE completed by June 10.
* Students must bring their current pocket cards to class. We are required to obtain the correct name and real estate license number of every licensee who successfully completes the class in order to receive credit.
* We will notify preregistered students of cancellations 5 days prior to the start date of the class offering. In the event of cancellation students have the option of transferring the registration fee to another course offering or request a refund. Refunds will be processed within 30 days of course cancellation.
* In the event that a student is not able to attend a registered course, the student should contact Accelerated Real Estate School within 48 hours of the course start date. Students will be allowed to transfer to another scheduled date. Students that fail to provide the required notice will not be entitled to a refund.